When I’m in the mood for comfort food, this Gluten-Free fried rice recipe always hits the spot.
4 Bone in, Skin on Chicken Thighs baked
1 Tsp Balanced Bites Savory Blend (granulated garlic & onion, salt, pepper,
rosemary, oregano, turmeric)
2 Tbsp Cooking Fat (Eg. Bacon fat, ghee, schmaltz)
1/2 onion, diced
2-3 Garlic Cloves, minced
3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
5 Drops Red Boat Fish Sauce (about 1/8 tsp)
1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 & 1/2 Cups Cooked Organic White Jasmine Rice, cooled
1 Tsp Balanced Bites Trifecta Blend (salt, pepper, garlic powder)
1 Tsp Lime juice
Garnish of Minced Cilantro, Chopped Green Onion
* 1/2 Cup Fine Chopped / Shredded Veggies
* 1/4 Cup Chopped Pineapple
* denotes optional
Serves 2 (as main), 4 as side | Preparation Time: 35 mins
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 F, season the skin side of chicken thighs with Savory Blend and bake on a baking sheet for 35 mins of until internal temperature is 165 F.
2. Heat a cast iron skillet to medium-high heat with cooking oil. Add onion and optional veggies first, then garlic. Add a a few drops of coconut aminos, half of the sesame oil and cook till onions are brown.
3. Add cooked rice & Trifecta blend, 2 Tbsp coconut aminos, 5 drops of fish sauce & remaining toasted sesame oil. Mix well and heat for 5 minutes.
4. Stir again (scrapping the bottom of the pan, flipping un-browned rice to bottom), then add chopped up (de-boned) chicken thighs (and optional pineapple) on top with remaining coconut aminos and heat for 5 more minutes.
5. Mix once more before placing in serving bowl. Top with lime juice, cilantro and green onion.
* Variation Notes: You can substitute in almost any cooked protein you like. Just add it in toward the end and heat through.
*If you can’t find Coconut Aminos, Gluten-Free Tamari works (just realize it is Soy).
*If you’re using something like raw broccoli, add it in with the onions and cook with medium heat for a bit longer then turn the heat up as the rice goes in.
Let me know in the comments if you make it or your favorite version of fried rice!
Yours in Health,
Stop chasing pain and wasting your time! Snag my complete Video Rehab Program The Full Body Fix and take $10 off with a subscriber only coupon and grab my Free Warm Up Manual while you’re at it!
Last modified: April 7, 2020